The Miracle Tree – Moringa oleifera
- Moringa commonly called as drumstick tree (English) is also called as ‘The Miracle Tree’.
- It belongs to Moringaceae and is native to Indian subcontinent, Africa, South-east Asia, the Pacifics, Arabian countries, Carribean and South American countries.
- Commonly called in India as Horseradish tree, Mulangay, Sajana, Benzolive, Mlonge, Kelor.
Benefits of Moringa oleifera
- A multi-purpose plant commonly used as local medicinal and edible plant.
- High nutritional value with rich sources of essential amino acids, carotenoids, protein, dietary fibres, essential vitamins and minerals and other phytonutrients.
- Good source for natural anti-oxidants and helps in detoxification of body.
- Also contains many biochemical compound with anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-microbial, anti-helminthic.
- Extensive study on moringa has been found to be supportive in healing from a variety of conditions, diseases and illness such as Cancer, Diabetes, HIV/AIDS.
The intake of Moringa products also helps in improving digestion, eliminates constipation, normalizes blood pressure, improves mental clarity, strengthen immune system, regulates body metabolism, improves hormonal balance, enhance skin health, stimulates hair growth, skin conditioning and even weight-loss.